Target audience note field in 7.1

Help
Anonymous
2012-08-17
2015-09-04
  • Anonymous - 2012-08-17

The Target audience note field seems to be gone in 7.1 when upgrading from 6.0. Was this intentional or a bug?

• Hans van der Weij

I suppose you are saying that "Target audience note" is no longer present as an entry field in Bibliography New and Edit Pages.

That is not to be expected from upgrading, except when you were running 0.6.0 with a modified  /catalog/biblio_fields.php 
    If you don't remember changing or adding lines like the following

<?php printUsmarcInputText(541,"h",FALSE,$postVars,$pageErrors,$marcTags, $marcSubflds, FALSE,OBIB_TEXT_CNTRL);?>

then probably you were using 0.6.0 with a translation that came with a modified /catalog/biblio_fields.php  file.

The upgrade process does not touch Custom MARC fields (added to Bibliography New and Edit Pages for a material type, using the Admin tab).

• Hans van der Weij

(continued) Actually, the upgrade process is capable of remove Custom MARC fields. But it only does so when they are no longer in use. That fixes a bug in OpenBiblio versions 0.5.2 - 0.7.0.

• Anonymous - 2012-08-21

thanks for the comment it assisted it me finding my issue. I must have edited the /catalog/biblio_fields.php and forgot about it

• Hans van der Weij

So instead of editing /catalog/biblio_fields.php, using Custom MARC fields might be preferred.
    But then you should not forget adding a Custom MARC field when you add a material type!

• Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

Anonymous - 2015-09-04

how to edit "NAMES" in this code
    <?php printUsmarcInputText(245,"a",TRUE,$postVars,$pageErrors,$marcTags, $marcSubflds, FALSE,OBIB_TEXT_CNTRL);?>

• Hans van der Weij

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve. Can you rephrase the question?

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks