auto add member number not implemented?

Help
ME
2013-09-10
2013-09-14
  • ME

ME - 2013-09-10

Hi!

I read in some older posts that there is/ was(?!?) this function at least in a fork of Openbiblio. But it is not in the actual one or am I mistaken? Is it possible to activate it?

Greetings!

Thies

• Hans van der Weij

OpenBiblio - new Member screen
    Automatically enters barcode number. Not implemented in 0.7.1 or older releases.

If you really need, it you can dig up the old script and find out if you can make it work for the recent releases.
    http://www.flos-inc.com/projects/index.php#main

• Fred LaPlante

Fred LaPlante - 2013-09-11

If you run into trouble with this, let me know. Perhaps the code needs updates for 0.71.

• ME

ME - 2013-09-13

Thanks for your replies! I haven't tried yet because I first need to get access to the filesystem. I only have to mphpadmin - I guess it is not possible to manage it via that one, is it??
    Do I only have to copy the file to the openbiblio directory?

Is it planned to implement this feature in future releases? Seems to me to be quite usefull.

• Hans van der Weij

Perhaps you can explore a different option. Using PHPMyAdmin you would be able to import data into the member table and a SQL script can set the barcode number.

• ME

ME - 2013-09-14

For groups of new user i just import them via .csv and set the barcode in the table before. I don't know enough about SQL scripts to do it that way. Would it be more easy?

• Hans van der Weij

Setting the barcode number through .csv import seems more logical (and convenient).

Probably in most cases an external number structure for member barcodes would be preferred over using OpenBiblio's member.id as the source for the numbering structure.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments