Login Problem: invalid signon

Help
2004-10-08
2013-11-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
    I have installed openbiblio and I can see the frontpage but everytime I want to login, It tells me: invalid signon. I had to manually install the queries, made a session path and referred to it. Checked the user name and pw under phpMyadmin and then the staff table, even made a new user this way but still, invalid signon. phpinfo says session.cookie_path is /both for local and master value. Is this wrong and where should it refer to? Restarting doesn't seem to change anything about it. Any solutions?
    Setup: Win XP SP1, Apache 2.0.50 PHP 5.0.2 Mysql 4.0.21-nt open biblio 0.5 and I have no programming knowledge at all.
    Thanx a lot
    Patrick De Ridder

• Micah Stetson

Micah Stetson - 2004-10-12

Did you have the same problems with installation that others here have reported, i.e. blank screen?  Otherwise, why did you install the SQL by hand?

When you set the password in the staff table, did you remember to use the password() function to encrypt the password?

The cookie path is OK.  But even if it and the session saving were messed up, it shouldn't tell you "Invalid signon" unless it truely doesn't like your username and password.

Micah

• Holden

Holden - 2013-11-21

Hello,

I am having a similar and related problem I think. OpenBiblio is hosted for us at 1and1. When they forced us to update to mySQL5 we also updated OpenBiblio to 0.7.1. and now I can not sign in as admin anymore, I get the 'invalid signon' message.

I tried using

update staff set pwd=md5('admin') where username='admin';

to see if resetting the password would work. The query worked but I still can not login. So far I have not found the answer in these forums. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

• Hans van der Weij

Did you follow the steps for updating OpenBiblio? Check install_instructions.html
    Probably you need to run the install script (install directory), using a web browser. Depending on the old version of OpenBiblio this will update the staff table (resetting passwords), the upgrade script will tell you when this is performed.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks