Upload file too big?

Help
schalldp
2009-11-27
2013-05-30
  • schalldp

schalldp - 2009-11-27

Normally, I haven't had much trouble uploading MARC data, but today I tried to load a 1.4M file and a 355K file. I got this kind of error both times:

`Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home2/redeemf2/public_html/ils/openbiblio/locale/en/classes.php on line 104`

What is the largest file size that can be uploaded? Or does it depend on server settings?

• Nobody/Anonymous

A first idea is the setting in php.ini (linux somewhere in /etc) which says:

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
        upload_max_filesize = 2M
    If this is set to 1M for you you will get this error.

Hope this helps

Harald

• schalldp

schalldp - 2009-11-27

I checked php.ini and the upload_max_filesize is set to 2M. Is there any other value in php.ini that could affect uploads and give me an error like this?

• schalldp

schalldp - 2009-11-27

I did notice that the memorylimit value in php.ini is 32M which seems to be the number I saw in the error message. But I don't understand how OpenBiblio could be trying to allocate more than 32M.

• Luuk Jansen

Luuk Jansen - 2009-11-27

That is the problem, try to set it to 64M and you might be lucky.
    I haven't used the MARC import feature that much, and only on small files, but it seems OpenBiblio analyses all entries and processes them in one operation, so for a big file that can take a lot of memory.

I am not sure if it was initially designed for huge data upload, as you have to specifically write the code with that in mind (to make sure memory would be used sequential)

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks