Help
Godbout
2009-01-15
2013-05-30
  • Godbout

Godbout - 2009-01-15

Hi there!

I've got a small problem here :-D
    I've got a user which has a limit of 3 checked-out objects. He checked out only 1 for the moment, the list of checked-out objects is showing this object, but in the stats, it's written 3. So, he cannot checkout something because he reached the limit! (which is, so, obviously wrong).

Any idea?
    Do I misunderstand something? Is it a bug? The database is dying?

Thanks in advance,

• Godbout

Godbout - 2009-01-15

I've corrected the problem by checking in again some books, after investigating in the db.
      But it's a bit strange, the books where checked-in but still linked to the members, and I didn't find any way in the user-interface to see which books were causing the troubles.

• Hans van der Weij

Check if this was giving you trouble: bug [ 1162251 ] Editing checked-out copies broken
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1162251&group_id=50071&atid=458474

If that's not the cause you might be using a very old version, before 0.6.x. Then make sure you empty the shelving cart after checkin.

• Godbout

Godbout - 2009-02-20

Hans, thanks for the link, I will investigate more as even with the correction I made in January we keep on continuing having the same problem!

We're using the 0.6.0 version by the way.

• Godbout

Godbout - 2009-04-01

Hi there!

I've decided to go for the 0.6.1 version. I had the 0.6.0 before. But there's still a bug here. If a book is checked out, I edit it and submit, it "becomes" check-in but it's not really true, so everything get messed up again! The patch has been developed before the 0.6.1 version, so it's a bit strange that the problem is still here, no?

Anyway, Hans, I've seen your link but I have no idea how to apply the patch. I've checked the forum and I've found a post talking about a diff file and so on, but your link gives a patch file. Anyway, I'm lost. Any help?

Thanks a lot,
      Godbout

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments