Help
eclecticOS
2008-03-14
2013-04-25
  • eclecticOS

eclecticOS - 2008-03-14

Hello,

Thanks for ap, looks good, but can't use it yet :-(

When using bluetooth, what to type at 'connection line'?

Greetings
    Je

• Daniel Fernandes Martins

Hello Je,

You can find some tips about device connectivity at the official obexftp wiki:

http://dev.zuckschwerdt.org/openobex/wiki/ObexFtpExamples#DirectorylistingoverBluetooth

Let's say your phone can be found on 00:11:22:33:44:55. You just need to paste this value to the 'connection line' field. Also click the 'test' button to see if it's ok.

See you,
      Daniel.

• eclecticOS

eclecticOS - 2008-03-15

Daniel,
      Thanx for reply. Guessed had to do just that, but wasn't a sucess. Will try it again.
      I'm able to transfer files using the terminal, so probably made a typo, will find out.
      Je

• eclecticOS

eclecticOS - 2008-03-15

Strange, it appeared I couldn't push files to my phone anymore using the terminal. So, it's not that strange the frontend can't connect.

But, when using my pocket_pc, I can push files to that device. But the frontend can't connect with this device either (offcourse changed the connection line).

How to get a clue on this one?

Greetings,
      Je Co

PS: If you're looking for new features to add, integrate 'hcitool scan' and fill the connection line with a click on list filled with the output of hcitool scan. Would be nice ;-)

Indeed, it would be nice! :D

The bad news is that the device I use for testing is very, very limited... the only thing that I could test was the Serial connection because that's the only way to get obexftp working with that device. :(

• eclecticOS

eclecticOS - 2008-03-17

When looking at you screenprint, the connection line is a /dev/tty string when using a serial connection. I would expect the connection line when using bluetooth to be somewhat similar (/dev/.....)?

I think there's a way to get your phone working with the frontend.

1. Visit the following URL and find your bluetooth device (something like 00:11:22:33:44:55) and channel:

http://dev.zuckschwerdt.org/openobex/wiki/ObexFtpExamples#DirectorylistingoverBluetooth

2. Paste the following string to the 'connection line' field:

00:11:22:33:44:55, 10

...where the '00:11:22:33:44:55' is the bluetooth device you found and '10' is the channel.

Regards,
      Daniel.

• eclecticOS

eclecticOS - 2008-03-21

Still no connection, channel 10 is device specific.
      FTP uses channel 3 on my device, but don't know if that's relevant for executed test?

Don't know your code, but when pushing the 'test' button, what command do you execute? Are you sure about the ',',spaces, not using '"' etc, the parsing of the  commandline? And what has to be the result.

Do you expect that the connection with the paired devices is permanent? When using the terminal commands, it only connects to send files, when finished, connection is closed.

The tool has 'only' to execute  ' obexftp -b xx:xx:xx:xx -p filename', is this what you're tool is trying to do?

Greetings,
      Je

Hello Je,

Looking at the log file, here goes what happens when trying to connect to a bluetooth device:

1. Connection line = '11:22:33:44:55:66':
        /usr/bin/obexftp --bluetooth 11:22:33:44:55:66 --uuid IRMC --get telecom/devinfo.txt

2. Connection line = '11:22:33:44:55:66, 10':
        /usr/bin/obexftp --bluetooth 11:22:33:44:55:66 --channel 10 --uuid IRMC --get telecom/devinfo.txt

The application takes care of white spaces, so there's no difference between '11:22:33:44:55:66,10' and '  11:22:33:44:55:66  , 10  '. And yes, you don't have to put quotes to delimiter the obexftp arguments (like you probably do when using the CLI).

I don't have a bluetooth-enabled device to be able to make the frontend work properly in those cases, but with a little help I can try to make it right.

How did you get obexftp working? Can you provide me a step-by-step guide? I'm sure I can fix this, but I need some help.

See you.

• eclecticOS

eclecticOS - 2008-03-26

I got obexftp installed a few months ago, I don't remember doing other things then the install text told me to do.

The '--get telecom/devinfo.txt' will not work on my device, 'telecom' points to a  phone? I transfer files to pocket pc, there is no telecom dir, I haven't found a devinfo.txt file either.

What logfile are you referring to? Where can I find that one?

Oh, almost forgot... you can find the the log files at <user_dir>/.obexftpfrontend/log/.

Yes, I think so. This file is used to detect some information about the device, like the manufacturer, model and so on.

Take a look:
      http://dev.zuckschwerdt.org/openobex/wiki/ObexFtpServices

But that's ok... I will modify the frontend in order to make this '--get telecom/devinfo.txt' configurable.

• eclecticOS

eclecticOS - 2008-04-16

Daniel,

Using the app now without a problem, almost forgot to mention.

Think you have to do another test to check if you can connect.

What I really miss is a hcitool scan button. I do use pocket_pc, two phones and another laptop.

Another feature would be the bar which shows the progress of sending a file.

Thanks again for the app, really is a help to me.

Je

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks