Menu

Project question.

Tony Kirk
2000-08-19
2001-11-19
  • Tony Kirk

Tony Kirk - 2000-08-19

Do you have an *unofficial* date for when you'll start posting information about the project? Such as project description, planned features etc... ? Or do you even have that info put together yet? I ask because I'm interested in the project. My main question here would be; What platform / OS is this app going to be intended for? And what programming language(s) will be used to create it?

Regards,
    Tony Kirk

• Kurt Weber

Kurt Weber - 2000-08-19

I should have an outline of the language and its features sometime within a week, depending on how marching band and school go.  I do know that it will be written in C++, with possibly some Assembly if necessary.  It will be developed first for Linux, and later to BSD, MS-Windows, BeOS, and CerberOS (my little OS I'm writing) when it gets to a workable stage.

• Olivier Dagenais

You're also trying to work on an OS?  Dude, please pick one project to work on, I've tried to work on two projects simultaneously and I found I was constantly getting distracted in both projects and wasn't able to do as good a job in either.

Oasis interests me and I'd be willing to help.  A compiler is a big piece of software (so is an OS) so I would appreciate you only concentrating on one, especially if you also have marching band and school.

• Stephane Richard

Hi everyone,

I'd like to help out as well, I like the concept that OASIS seems to want to bring, I dont have linux installed yet, not sure when I'd get the chance to do so either.  so whatever for windows would probably be my side of the help. 

Has it been a week yet?  is there the outline of the language features I can look at?

Stephane Richard
          Software Developer