There's a new nxtvepg pre-release which mainly contains improvements of the teletext EPG grabber:
- Teletext grabber: The need to an external Perl interpreter was removed by a complete re-implementation of the grabber in the C++ programming language. As a side-effect the grabber now runs slightly faster.
- Teletext grabber: There were many minor updates, enhancements and fixes in overview and description page parsing.
- The teletext "Now & Next" acquisition phase in nxtvepg was optimized so that in average 30 networks can be scanned in 10 minutes.
- A new feature flag "HDTV" was introduced in the nxtvepg GUI: used for imported teletext or XMLTV EPG data.
- The nxtvepg XMLTV export was updated to DTD version 0.5.56, which allow use of the "HDTV" and "audio:bilingual" feature flags.
- XMLTV channel identifiers for "arte" and "das vierte" were added.
Download nxtvepg: http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/pre-releases.html
Download teletext EPG grabber: http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/ttx_grab.html
Best wishes 2011 !
I am currently testing nxtvepg 2.9.0pre4. nxtvepg suddenly closes main window during acquisition ~ after 3 minutes. I no longer see the process in Task Manager.
I have no problems with 2.9.0pre3 and Pearl ActiveState x64 installed.
I spotted a small error. On your website you explain that nxtvepg needs msvcr70d.dll library. But for new releases is msvcr71d.dll !!
PS : Windows 7 Premium 64 bits.
Something strange ! In Teletext grabber configuration form we can select "Capture Page range" (by default 300-399)
If I change (ex 300-500), the settings are saved in nxtvepg.ini .. but if you open Teletext grabber statistics form is always 300-399
which one is correct?
Thanks for the heads-up regarding windows. I must admit I didn't test the windows port before release. Turns out there's a crash deep inside the boost library (which replaces perl in pattern matching) immediately during the first call into the library. Probably I previously didn't compile the library correctly; I did that already a year ago. I've got a version now that works at least in "wine" under Linux. I'll test it on my windows box soon and make a new release.
As to the page range configuration: I'm sorry but this configuration option currently is just a decoy. Although the values are stored in the config file, the page range is hard-coded in the acquisiton control. I don't remember why (probably because Germany networks except n-tv don't have much interesting TV related info outside of 300-399.)
I've uploaded a new MS-windows release with a working teletext grabber:
The link above is incorrect. Because You have rewritten over the old file !!
nxtvepg apparently no longer closes! I continue to test.
I meant to rename the new release after upload, but apparently didn't. It's fixed now.
What exactly do you mean with "no longer closes"? Where does it hang?
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.