Feedback nxtvepg 2.9.1pre1

Neo
2009-03-20
2012-11-15
  • Neo

Neo - 2009-03-20

Hi Tom,

When I use my Hercules Smarttv card using DSdrv drivers and the menu 'Enable acquisition' is checked in nxtvepg everything runs fine. I start K!TV and the acquisition is automatically turns off. So far no problem everything is normal !

But when I close K!TV, 'Enable acquisition' option remains disabled (unchecked) and I have to manually activate each time the acquisition !

This is a bug? or I forget something?

bye Néo

PS : Tested under K!TV 2.3.0.1 official release

• Tom Zoerner

Tom Zoerner - 2009-03-20

> I start K!TV and the acquisition is automatically turns off. So far no problem everything is normal!

That's actually not the intended "normal" behaviour. When K!TV is started the acquisition should remain enabled, but switch into "slave" mode where K!TV runs the driver and passes captured teletext packets to nxtvepg via shared memory. Thus nxtvepg can continue to update its database (while a provider's channel is tuned) and acquire VPS/PDC for channel identification.

Do you get any error messages from nxtvepg when K!TV is started? When you open the "TV app. interaction" config dialog, what's the status of "Connected to:"? (Obviously, this line should state you're connected to K!TV, but I suspect the connect fails for some reason - possible a plugin version mismatch.)

You could also run the "vbirec" tool in the "tvsim" package on nxtvepg's download page. This tool replaces nxtvepg's role in the interaction with the TV application. When you run the Debugview tool from the former sysinternals web site in parallel during the connect, you'll get detailed debug output about the communication between vbirec and the Nextview EPG plugin in K!TV.

I'll have a look myself this weekend. I probably haven't tested this in a long time.

bye,
      -tom

• Neo

Neo - 2009-03-21

Hi Tom,

I do not see an error !

My explanations may have been wrong?

When I start nxtvepg only, acquisition working great (TV5 for example), but after 2 or 3 minutes I start K!TV and at this moment 'Enable acquisition' deactivates (unchecked). I don't know Why !
      When I close K!TV I have to manually reactivate the acquisition (checked) !!

Sorry Tom, it's easier for me to translate from English into French!

bye Néo

• Tom Zoerner

Tom Zoerner - 2009-03-21

The checkbutton in front of 'Enable acquisition' should remain checked the whole time, regardless of K!TV, unless you manually deactivate acquisition. I tested this on my system today and it worked.

Can you perform the tests I described earlier? You might also find an error message in file debug.out. Else, you can download DebugView from MS (first result in google search)

-tom

• TychoBarfy

TychoBarfy - 2009-03-28

Hi Tom, I use K!TV 2.4.02 beta on a Hauppauge WinTV PCI Radio
      and all works fine. Only three insignificant lines in debug.out since
      I started with 2.9.1pre1 at 2009-03-21 (EpgAcqCtl: upgrading slicer
      type to #2 ...).

Even if I go into the scenario described by neojudgment.

> When I start nxtvepg only, acquisition working great (TV5 for
      > example), but after 2 or 3 minutes I start K!TV and at this moment
      > 'Enable acquisition' deactivates (unchecked). I don't know Why !
      > When I close K!TV I have to manually reactivate the acquisition
      > (checked) !!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks