Menu

disconnected!

Developers
2005-07-29
2013-04-16
  • Tom McCubbin

Tom McCubbin - 2005-07-29

I was disconnected after a massive storm yesterday, and after more than 24 hours just got electricity, inet connection, phone, etc...so nothing has happened for me.

I will carry the soap stuff through for version 1, but i must say, after initial research, ice is so much better than soap, i would ask everyone to have a look  (http://www.zeroc.com).  It is java RMI crossed w/ clean CORBA, open, object oriented, lightweight, fast, and just plain better than soap.  I've been dealing w/ the limitiations of soap for nearly 5 years now, and they just get worse. 

oh well...tomorrow i'll try and wrap up my part for a 1.0 release.

ps - what the heck?  you released a client, but no server?  dirty bugger :)  trying to make me look bad...

• Web Hiker

Web Hiker - 2005-07-29

Ice looks OK, except it's under a viral GPL license - not compatible with our Apache license. Interestingly however they use Sleepycat transactional components in their offering.

The client was just for testing my automated delivery plugin, which automatically zips everything up, and uploads it to SF, creating a release, news etc. Oh, and to make you look bad.

So what about this nested container thing? I'm still trying to figure out how to XPath multiple collections.

Also, fix your memory leak before you make a release. I'll try write a test which crashes the server before you guys wake up there in the Axis of Good.

• Web Hiker

Web Hiker - 2005-07-29

Oh and hey - any ideas on our serious 64bit problem (see bug)?
      Definitely check that out before trying to make a release...