Menu

hold any server changes please...

Developers
2005-08-23
2013-04-16
  • Tom McCubbin

Tom McCubbin - 2005-08-23

Steve,

I am about to make some rather large scale changes to the server for portability reasons.  Can you please hold off any further changes...i went in to commit the create_container() fix, which was identical to yours (damn your good) and found you'd already done it.

I also updated and ran all maven tests and for me it all works...this is great.

If you could drop me a note when i can get exclusive access to the server...

thanks,

-tom

• Web Hiker

Web Hiker - 2005-08-30

Hey Tom,

Seems you've dropped off the planet. Your mail is all bouncing too - seems you have a server error.

Anyway, I got bored and cooked up a nice admin client gui. Check the file releases and let me know what you think.

Are we still on schedule for a release? Don't see and cvs changes, no xdocs, etc.

Cheers
      wh

• Tom McCubbin

Tom McCubbin - 2005-09-01

wh,

sorry for the delay.  w/ pneumonia choking me down, and travel, i've really lost some time.  Good news is i'm back, healthy, and back at it. 

I started on the win32 build to see if i can't get it going on winXP.

I'm a few days behind, as i hadn't planned on such a loss while i was laid up sick.  I'll have a release for the weekend, and i'll check out the admin gui!

-tom

• Tom McCubbin

Tom McCubbin - 2005-09-01

btw, email should be ok now.  Bank of America clogged me up w/ about 200 meg of log files!  dirty bastards...i should pick my clients more carefully :)

• Web Hiker

Web Hiker - 2005-09-01

Dude, just don't die before we get a release 1.0 out.....
      ;>

Best to build the gui from sources - made quite a few changes to the xml viewer today.
      Build using :
      maven javaapp

Get well soon

• Web Hiker

Web Hiker - 2005-09-01

Also be sure to check the open bugs as a priority before doing major code overhauls, as 2 of them will severely impact the stability of our first release.(1269524  and 1268359 )

Going to sign off for today, girlfriend just arrived back from Rome with a nice fresh bottle of Nonino grappa, and mozarella di buffala....

cheers

• Web Hiker

Web Hiker - 2005-09-12

Unholding server changes.

Please commit what you have if you want to avoid conflicts.
      (It's been 2 weeks.)

Thanks
      wh