Menu

Server coming very soon!

Developers
2005-07-15
2013-04-16
  • Tom McCubbin

Tom McCubbin - 2005-07-15

wh,

It has been remarkably easy, thanks to a rich and clean api in dbxml, and the gsoap toolkit which get's better w/ every release.  I now have a standalone multithreaded server that supports getDocument(), putDocument(), and query(). 

I am adding some reflection facilities for enumerating available containers, documents, etc...

Next will be some sort of XUpdate facility, but that won't make it into my first cut. 

I also finally got my cvs access working correctly, which for some reason was giving me problems.  In any case, i will be doing an import tomorrow, and will also put up fedora core 3 and 4 rpms to start.

What platform will you be using primarily for your testing, development?

-tom

• Web Hiker

Web Hiker - 2005-07-17

I have pretty much every kind of hardware combo available (except Solaris x86). I gues I will probably deploy to Fedora 3 x86 and Sparc Solaris if possible.

I'm hoping to be able to develop in parallel the Java client by porting your c++ client. (Nothing in cvs as of 18th July)

cheers

• Tom McCubbin

Tom McCubbin - 2005-07-17

Sorry.  I really have a working server.  I need to add a very few items for runtime configuration, and basic build management.  Friday ended up being a holiday, and my two small children stole my weekend.  I will be importing tomorrow without doubt.  Its a work / free day and i'm anxious to start getting your feedback.  It took until this week to get any traction, but i'm really excited about how awesome, and useful this can be for me in my work.  What a great facility for disparate meta-data in the financial markets! 

I look fwd to your feedback, and will start bugging you once i get the server in cvs, and a fedora core3 rpm up.

-tom

• Tom McCubbin

Tom McCubbin - 2005-07-19

Status:  Had a solid 8 hours on this today.  So far, pushed configuration settings out to external xml config file, added  auto-tools build support:
      ./configure && make && make install

Added c++ client library as part of build.

Server is currently pretty simple supporting a configurable but fixed at runtime number of worker threads, a configurable but fixed at runtime request queue size, with support for:

createContainer()
      putDocument()
      getDocument()
      query()

I will upload the initial tomorrow...crossing 11:30pm here EST, and i'm calling it quits...you will have testable code very soon.

-tom