Menu

tribute to a noble project

galleon
2003-09-12
2003-10-05
  • galleon

galleon - 2003-09-12

I couldn't help but notice that for a project with many developers this noticeboard seems a bit barren. I think you guys deserve a huge congrats for having the effort to come this far and I want you to continue it to the end and yes when you finish it I will play it from beginning to end without alt key cheats or asking Ilio for tinned meat.

It's strange that when people quote modern games that questionably have the equivalent gaming and story experience that I know what they are, I've probably played the demo, and I DON'T LIKE THEM.
    WHY? Because the truth is nothing, except perhaps Ultima7 (mainly its first part) is quite like Ultima6.

After asking myself WHY you are working on this project and asking you in an email yonks ago I come to the conclusion that will all understand the importance of this special game.

Your efforts will ensure it lives on.

By the way I love the way party members follow me now and NPCs follow sheduled commands and respond to key words. People have been trying to recreate that stuff for a decade and to my knowledge the only fruit has been a host of technical documents and map and object editors.

Follow the virtues and know you have my support on whatever choices you make in the recreations development.

• Eric Fry

Eric Fry - 2003-09-16

Hi Galleondragon,

Thanks for the support. I also look forward to playing your U6O project. Maybe we might see a Mac OS X port in the future!? :)

Eric

• galleon

galleon - 2003-09-22

Thx Eric

...in the future... (well why not)

Although I've managed to decompress converse.a and converse.b and can easily see how the basics fit together like the bytes before keywords, new lines and press and key characters, there is yet much I don't understand. It seems you are the first to have interpreted this code and not being a great hacker I was hoping you could help me.

If there is anything I can help with in the NUVIE project you need but ask.

Galleon

• galleon

galleon - 2003-09-23

Don't worry about my question regarding the meaning of bytes in converse.a&b. I found an answer in the CSV tree. Who was the genious who figured these out?

• Eric Fry

Eric Fry - 2003-09-24

The Converse format was decoded by SB-X. :)

We've still got to work on MD and SE converse formats but hopefully they share similar op codes with U6.

Eric

• J. Applegate

J. Applegate - 2003-10-05

Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to trying the multiplayer U6 too. (was going to reply to this earlier and then forgot all about it until today; sorry)