DC_Kelley - 2005-08-22

I have installed the current version of NuSOAP (and nusoap.php v 1.81 2004/10/14) and am trying to get the helloworld2.php word example that Scott Nichol has posted at http://www.scottnichol.com/nusoapintro.htm but the I am getting stopped cold when I include the NuSOAP with the error:

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phphack\nusoap.php on line 198

If I change to the current release version 1.94, then I get

Notice: Undefined index: content-type in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phphack\nusoap.php on line 3813
Notice: Undefined index: content-type in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phphack\nusoap.php on line 3814
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phphack\nusoap.php on line 311

I am running PHP version 4.4.0 (11) on Win2000 machine and placing the all NuSOAP files in my test directory

Is there some problem with specific versions of PHP and NuSOAP that I need to be aware of to get NuSOAP and these simple starting examples to run?  Any reason these examples would not work today?