Nucleus CMS 3.64 has a capability to utilize many languages in its core but still not because
1. still use default MySQL collation, latin1_swedish_ci, which deals with latin1 (ISO-8859-1).
2. still based on ISO-8859 series as its default character encoding scheme
3. cannot deal with multibyte characters
As a result, Nucleus CMS cannot deal with non-latin languages such as Japanese.
Additionally this causes the lack of ability utilizing UTF-8 because this character encoding scheme encodes all of the characters except for ASII as multi-byte.
Then I open five tickets below,
1. set utf8-related collation for its database (3485392)
2. implementing multi-byte processing into its whole core (3485393)
3. allow to import skins encoded by the other character encoding schemes than ISO-8859-1/US-ASCII/UTF-8 (3485395)
4. make a rule for dealing with locales and arranging translation files following to it (3485396)
5. separate the decision process of character encoding scheme and locale (3485397)
Log in to post a comment.