The latest NST release: v1.4.1 is now available as a VMware virtual machine download. See the home page for details on downloading:
This release is based on Fedora Core 4 using the Linux Kernel: 2.6.16-1.2108_FC4smp. Some of the highlights for the new release include:
* A enterprise class patch management system for NST WUI updates and system file patches and updates.
* A new nstvmware script to facilitate the use of NST within a VMware virtual machine.
* The inclusion of the VMware Tools and modules to optimize the NST performance within a VMware virtual machine.
* Some nice 'look-and-feel' enhancements to the X and NST WUI interface.
* Many new enhancements to the NST WUI database management pages for both the MySQL and PostgreSQL database servers.
* Replaced the NST WUI network protocol anaylzer capture engine: "tethereal" with the new light-weight "dumpcap" application which is part of the new "ethereal" v0.99.0 protocol analyzer suite.
* Many networking and security applications have been updated to their latest version.
* Due to time constraints, we've decided to wait until the v1.4.2 release to do a full SourceForge ISO release.
* The source code for the 1.4.1 release has been appropriately tagged and those that would like to build the ISO image from source are free to do so.
Log in to post a comment.