I am having trouble getting NST to boot via Grub2 loopback the code:

echo "Adding NST (ISO = nst-2.11.0.i586.iso)" >&2
    cat << EOF
    menuentry "NST (ISO = nst-2.11.0.i586.iso)"  {
    EOF
    save_default_entry | sed -e "s/^/\t/"
    cat << EOF
        loopback loop (hd2,1)/boot/iso/nst-2.11.0.i586.iso
        linux (loop)/isolinux/vmlinuz0 findiso=/boot/iso/nst-2.11.0.i586.iso ro liveimg ramdisk_size=2097152 3
        initrd (loop)/isolinux/initrd0.img
    }
    EOF

Any help would be appreciated.

jhawk

• Paul Blankenbaker

Unfortunately, we don't have much experience with the grub2 boot loader. In looking at your message above, it appears you are trying to add a mechanism to boot from the NST Live ISO image which exists on a hard disk via a loopback entry.

I'm assuming that this should look like a ISO boot to the NST system being booted. It seems to me that you would need to include the kernel options which NST (Fedora based) uses out when booting from the ISO image. Here is a entry from the isolinux.cfg file:

label desktop
      menu label NST v2.11.0 - Console
      menu indent 2
      kernel vmlinuz0
      append initrd=initrd0.img root=CDLABEL=nst-2.11.0.i586 rootfstype=iso9660 ro l
    iveimg ramdisk_size=2097152 3
    menu default

I don't see the "root" or "rootfstype" options specified in your grub2 entry.

The other question I would have is the "findiso" option you have shown - it isn't one that I'm familiar with when booting a NST system.

I guess my final suggestion would be to start googling on terms like "grub2 fedora 11 live iso" and see if anyone has gotten a Fedora 11 live ISO image to boot from grub2 (if so, then booting the NST ISO should be very similar).

Good Luck, and I'd appreciate hearing if you figure out how to do this.
    Paul

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks