Google Eath six seven not working NST

NST
jinverar
2012-11-18
2012-12-05
  • jinverar

jinverar - 2012-11-18

Hello

I need support getting google earth working. when installing the 32 bit version from command line I get the following errors.

# rpm -i google-earth-stable_current_i386.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
    lsb-core-ia32 is needed by google-earth-stable-7.0.1.8244-0.i386
    lsb-graphics-ia32 is needed by google-earth-stable-7.0.1.8244-0.i386

I then went directly to the applications > system tools > add remove software and installed google six with dependencies from the fedora google installer on network security toolkit.

The issue is when I try and open google earth through network security toolkit nothing happens. Nothing runs or loads. No errors are generated. Everything looks good through the Add/Remove package installer.

The end state is being able to run KML files with google earth.

Can someone assist me?

Thank you
    J:\

• Ronald W. Henderson

jinvear:

To find out what missing packages are needed by google earth one can alway run this 'yum' command:

yum whatprovides lsb-core-ia32
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, filter-data, keys, langpacks, list-data, presto, refresh-packagekit
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * fedora: mirror.vcu.edu
    * updates: mirror.vcu.edu
    redhat-lsb-4.0-7.fc16.i686 : LSB base libraries support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
    Repo        : fedora
    Matched from:
    Provides    : lsb-core-ia32 = 4.0

redhat-lsb-4.0-7.1.fc16.i686 : LSB base libraries support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
    Repo        : updates
    Matched from:

redhat-lsb-4.0-7.1.fc16.i686 : LSB base libraries support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
    Repo        : @updates
    Matched from:

One would them run:
    yum install redhat-lsb-4.0-7.1.fc16.i686

Do the same for: lsb-graphics-ia32

Continue for all package dependencies…

--RWH

• jinverar

jinverar - 2012-11-19

That worked. I knew it was with the yum command. This was my first post and I was looking for support for the network security toolkit. Thank you for the advice. I have another question for another snort topic.

J:\