Menu

Please help installing NST in a VMware Workstation

NST
2017-10-14
2017-10-14
  • Peter Oconor

Peter Oconor - 2017-10-14

I am sorry, I am new using NST. I have just burned a NST 26v DVD. I was trying to install it for creating a VMware virtual NST but I keep getting errors. I can not find the right guidelines for this installation. Could some one point me in the right direcction for installing NST 26 into VMware 11. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
    Peter

• Paul Blankenbaker

Hello Peter,

You should not need a physical DVD to boot NST 26 in a virtual environment. You should be able to use the ISO image directly. Make sure that when you set up your virtual machine that the ISO image is marked as connected and that you virtual machine is configured so that the device the ISO image is connected as appears first in the boot order. There should not be a problem doing this (most of our work with NST is done within virtual environments). Also, make sure that your virtual environment is set for 64 bit.

One other thing to double check is that the ISO image you downloaded is the correct size and has a matching checksum shown on the file download area. We have heard of users getting partial or bad downloads (or even bad DVD burns) and that will definitely cause boot issues.

Good Luck,
    Paul

• Peter Oconor

Peter Oconor - 2017-10-15

Thanks Paul. I did upgrade VMware workstation Pro from 11 to 14 version, and it was able to run. However, it still takes several minutes to load, so I will try to install it into the Virtual hard drive using the "Install NST to hard drive" shorcut on the desktop.

Thanks again,
    Peter