Menu

NST Export or backup

NST
nelson
2012-10-01
2012-12-05
  • nelson

nelson - 2012-10-01

NEwbie here..I have been running this product for a while now and have it configure how I want it. Unfortunately I should have picked a better pc to run it on. Is it possible to somehow export all the settings or backup this linux distro so I can put it on another machine?

• Paul Blankenbaker

Unfortunately there isn't a easy mechanism to move all of your settings from a one NST system to another. You can do the following:

1. Use the NST WUI interface on the new system to do the initial configuration then refer (compare) differences in the configuration files (typically found under the /etc/ directory) from the old system with the new system.

2. Data files are typically kept under the /var/nst directory area. You can review this directory structure to see if there are any files you would like to transfer to the new system.

3. If you have set up any Subversion/Trac repositories, you can do the following:

a. Using the NST WUI on the old system, download the backup of the Subversion/Trac repositories.
      b. On the new NST system, create and then delete a single Subversion/Trac repository, then restore from the backup.

Good Luck,
    Paul

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-10-03

Here is a little script that I came across awhile back that has been very handy for just this sort of thing.

http://fpk.im/y73Y