Menu

Adding atuo-completion files fails on install

Anonymous
2013-02-20
2013-05-08
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-02-20

My NppToR installation fails when it gets to "Adding auto-completion files to Notepad++."  A window pops up with the error message :

Error: The following variable name contains an illegal character: "Adding auto-completion files to Notepad++_TT" Line# 387: OutputDebug, "Tooltip is" . %CurrControl%_TT . "  The current thread will exit.

If I click okay and close the NppToR installer window using the little red "X", I can still run NppToR and can still pass lines from Notepad++ to R, but Notepad++ doesn't autocomplete.  Adding the R.xml file manually provides a partial solution - commands autocomplete, but don't display the list of arguments when I've typed a command.

Any ideas how to fix this?  It's a fresh installation of Notepad++ version 6.3, R version 2.15.2, NppToR version 2.6.2, on a 64 bit Windows 7 SP 1 machine.

Thanks,

Jake

• Andrew Redd

Andrew Redd - 2013-02-20

Jake thanks for the report.  I am in the stages of a major bug fix session and this is one of the things on my list.

• xisphias

xisphias - 2013-03-05

Same issue and setup, looking forward to the fix.

• Andrew Redd

Andrew Redd - 2013-03-06

It is still on it's way.   I'm made improvements to the Auto-completion building process, I do however still have issues with the install process that I am trying to resolve.  That's the last hurdle before my next release.  Thank you all for being patient.