Autocomplete Scintilla event

Help
2010-09-17
2013-01-25
  • Pavel Kulakov

Pavel Kulakov - 2010-09-17

Hi, I want to override standard auto-complete feature to show my own popup list. To do that I need to handle autocomplete event. It seems current version of the plugin does not support such an event?

• Dave Brotherstone

It does, but in the current version the documentation is lacking.  Also, there's a bug that cancelling the event from within the event handler can cause a crash - you may need to do this for autocomplete processing.

The notifications are handled in exactly the same way as the Notepad object callbacks, but the enum is "ScintillaNotification" - in the new version the case has changed to "SCINTILLANOTIFICATION".

def handleAutocompleteCancelled(args):
         # your code here
         pass
    editor.callback(handleAutocompleteCancelled, [ScintillaNotification.AUTOCCANCELLED])

Both issues are fixed in source, and a new version will be out shortly.  In the meantime, you can download a testing version from http://github.com/davegb3/PythonScript/downloads.

The only thing left before the new version is released is to integrate with the new features of N++ 5.7.1 for dynamic menus - I'm working on it!

Hope that helps,
    Dave.

• Pavel Kulakov

Pavel Kulakov - 2010-09-17

Thank you Dave for your work. My colleagues use SciTE with Lua embedded but I really like N++ and keep using it awaiting for a good scripting plugin like yours.

• Dave Brotherstone

Glad you like it - personally I think Python is nicer than Lua.   Good luck converting your colleagues :)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks