Menu

my installation doesn't work

Help
Matteo
2015-06-22
2016-07-06
  • Matteo

Matteo - 2015-06-22

I'm newbee in Python, and this plugin does'nt work on my Windows.

This my situation:
    -Python: not installed (it is necessary?)
    -Windows 8.1 64bit
    -Notepad 6.7.9.1 (fresh installation with standard options) with this plugin: Compare, Converter, DSpellCheck, MIME Tools, NppExport, NppFTP, Plugin Manager 1.3.5, Python Script 1.0.6

I can edit scripts, but I alway have the same message (when run script or when open console - see attach): Unknow exception (title: PluginsManager::runPluginCommand Exception).

Any Ideas?

Last edit: Matteo 2015-06-22
  • Matteo

Matteo - 2015-06-22

Ok guys, I've install PythonScript_1.0.8.0.msi and now it's work...
    Before I've installed plugin via npp plugin manager...

• jeng02

jeng02 - 2016-03-06

Thanks for posting. I had the exact same problem, and did what you said, and now it works. Someone should make a note that some installations do not work from the plugin manager.

• Christian Muenker

Yeah, thanx for posting - behavior is the same with Python Script 1.0.8 and npp 6.7.5 under Win7 64 bit.

• Justin Brewster

Justin Brewster - 2016-07-06

I've reached out to the developer and asked him to look into why NPP Plugin isn't downloading the needed startup.py file that is required. It contains the needed imports that allow Python to "communicate" with the NPP Editor. When in doubt, go to the plugins > Python Script > Show Console.

Then in the console try the following: dir(editor)

If that returns nothing, that startup.py is missing. From there try the following: from Npp import *

Then try the dir(editor) command again and it should now return the dir() for editor. Downloading the plugin from here (sourceforge) seems to be the work around and as I stated earlier I have reached out to the developer to see if he can fix the issue with the plugin via the Plugin Manager.

Thanks,
    Justin