How to Clear the Console Output

NppExec
Sivakumar
2013-03-27
2013-05-21
  • Sivakumar

Sivakumar - 2013-03-27

Hi,

I am running my weblogic server in the console and when the server is running, i would like to clean the console then and there. Do we have a way to do that. I just now started using nppexec and i searched for the same in the forum, i couldn't find one. Please help me on this.

• DV

DV - 2013-03-27

NppExec User Guide (Plugins -> NppExec -> Help/Manual), section "3.1. Getting help" says: 

The most recent and detailed information about all NppExec's commands and environment variables can be found in NppExec's built-in help. To use the built-in help, open NppExec's Console , type "help" and press Enter

• Sivakumar

Sivakumar - 2013-03-27

Thanks for the reply.

When the server is running, CLS command is not clearing the console. I tried multiple times. Once I pressed CTRL + C and then if i use CLR, then it is clearing the content.

Will I be able to clear the content when the server is running?

• DV

DV - 2013-03-27

Ah, I see. No, you can't. While something is working inside NppExec - in your case it's a weblogic server - all the typed commands come into that working thing (a weblogic server in your case). So when you type "cls" while the server is running, this "cls" command is processed by the server itself. And, even if the server itself clears its console by the "cls" command, NppExec can not show you this since NppExec's just "monitors" the server's console's output and shows it in NppExec's Console. Omitting the technical details of this, we can quote the section "3.1. Getting help" again: 

"NppExec is not a console emulator". What does it mean to us? Let's analyse. NppExec provides a graphical "Console" window, but it is not a regular text-mode console. The "Console" window only looks similar to a regular text-mode console, but can not provide all the features of it. NppExec's Console window can show you some output and even allows some input - but this may not be possible for some applications which require native features of a regular text-mode console. By the same reason, you may encounter different behaviour of some applications under NppExec's Console and a regular console. (Such limitations are not intentional - they are caused by implementation-specific things which seem to be application-related or system-related and thus out of NppExec's control.)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks