Menu

Show file extensions?

elmonty
2007-03-14
2013-05-21
  • elmonty

elmonty - 2007-03-14

How can I show file extensions together with the filename?  How do I get to the options dialog?

• vha

vha - 2007-03-14

Mennu Plugins/Explorer/Explorer Options. Check the option Extensions: attach to name

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2007-03-14

Other possibilies are, move the splitter between explorer and edit area to enlarge. Now you will see an own column "Ext".

Best Regards
      Jens

• elmonty

elmonty - 2007-03-14

I see no such menu option under Plugins/Explorer. Only the following menu options are there:

View Explorer
      View Favorites
      Help

I'm using npp++ 4.0.2.

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2007-03-14

My first question:
      Did you try to resize the splitter to find the "Ext" column?

Second questions:
      Don't you like it in a seperate column? Would you like to have less bugs?
      Download here on this project side the Beta 1 version! Here you could found also the "Explorer Options" menu entry.

Best Regards
      Jens

• elmonty

elmonty - 2007-03-14

Yes, I tried the splitter.  No, I don't like it in a separate column.  I downloaded the Beta 1 version and that seems to work.  Thank you!

• elmonty

elmonty - 2007-03-15

I see what you mean about buggy, though.  :-)

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2007-03-15

Tell, what kind of bugs do you have?

• elmonty

elmonty - 2007-03-16

After I enabled joining the extension to the filename, I experienced N++ locking up.  The next time I opened N++, I chose Explorer Options, set the extension back to a separate column, and clicked the OK button on the dialog, whereupon N++ crashed.  This could be repeated.  When I reset the option by editing the Explorer.ini file, everything seemed okay again.

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2007-03-16

Did it happens also in final version of Explorer Plugin?. Please try for me.

Best Regards
      Jens

• elmonty

elmonty - 2007-03-16

I haven't seen the final version crash (so far).  I do notice that if I right-click on a file and delete it, I have to manually click the Refresh button before the file disappears from the Explorer.