SuSE 9.1 and Novelclient/ncpfs

Help
Rick
2004-07-28
2013-04-08
  • Rick

Rick - 2004-07-28

I am running the SuSE9.1 downloaded from the Novell site. I have install ncpfs 2.2.0.19 and have installed the novelclient using the latest setup.sh file.
    I have added the libqt files to the '/usr/local/lib/kylix2 and moved the Novel and novelclient programs to the /usr/local/bin as suggested in the How-to. I seem to be having two issues.
    1) When I try to launch the novelclient from a terminal session as a user (user is a member of the trusted group) I get a message that says "can not locate libqt..... library. and then nothing. When launched as root the GUI comes up as it should.
    2) When in a terminal session as root and I luanch novelclient, I get the gui as I should but when I try to locate the tree I get error boxes that idicate the slpquery command is not found, then one that says dhcp command not found. If I enter the tree, contect, and server information and try to connect I get a message box that says "could not mount server. NCPMOUNT: Socket operation on non-socket in mouunt(2)"

This has me stumped. Any Ideas?
    Rick

• Rick

Rick - 2004-07-28

Further Update.
      I found a newer version of the ncpfs modules version 2.2.4 at the speakeasy.rpmfinder.net site. When I installed that, is was able to use the GUI to connect to my novel servers when logged into the workstation as root. I still am getting the  following error when I try to run the novelclient as a regular user:

error while loading shared libraries: libqtintf-6.5-qt2.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I can however connect as a regular user when I issue the ncpmount command from a terminal session.

Some progress anyway.

• Erdnuss

Erdnuss - 2005-03-08

Read the HOW TO on the novel clients sourceforge site

http://novelclient.sourceforge.net/howto.html

one point of "Executables" explains how to set up ncpfs files so that you can run novel client with regular users

• Don Vosburg

Don Vosburg - 2005-03-08

Please use the RPM for installing on SUSE Linux.  It changes the permissions properly so regular users can run the ncpfs packages.

Don Vosburg

• rod S

rod S - 2005-10-13

I found this worked to mend the 
      'error while loading shared libraries': libqtintf-6.5-qt2.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ass root make this link:
      ln -s /usr/local/lib/kylix2 /usr/lib/kylix2

because different versions of the GUI put the libraries in different places.

HTH

Rod Sheaff

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks