I've been using Notepad++ for a long time (great job, really!) and recently I have made some small improvements to it, so I thought about sharing them with the other users. I hope I haven't made too many changes in a single patch, if necessary I can split it in smaller patches...
Here's what the patch does:
- Add the possibility to specify the indent size per file type (through the SCI_SETINDENT command). This is useful for example when a user wants to keep the tab size to 8 chars while setting the indent size to 2 or 4 chars.
- Add a menu command ("Add Tab") to allow inserting a tab char also when "convert tabs to spaces" is enabled. It should be probably considered to move and/or rename it, though.
- Move the _WIN32_IE macro definition to precompiledHeaders.h to avoid a Visual Studio 2008 compile error.
- Move the langs.xml file to the user data folder to allow its modification (needed when updating tab settings per file type)
- Solve a problem with changing the format to ANSI, the SCI_SETCODEPAGE command was not always called.