Menu

Highlighting multiple selections

Alex
2012-01-04
2012-11-14
  • Alex

Alex - 2012-01-04

I'm looking for a plugin that allows to highlight multiple text selections in a file in Notepad++. I remember using something like this, you would select some text, right click and choose the selection style and it would highlight all instances of that text in the document with the same style. You could have multiple styles for multiple selections. Does this exist or am I remembering some other program?

Thanks

• SEGALA

SEGALA - 2012-01-05

Hi,

It does exist : select your text, rigth click then choose Style Token and then Using 1st style (2nd style, etc …)
    For the moment is not possible to save the syle stokens mais there is an idea pending on Idea torrent you may vote for if your are interested in.

Have fun.

Tapiou.

• Alex

Alex - 2012-01-05

When I select text and right click on it, the only options I see are: Undo/Redo, Cut/Copy/Paste/Delete, Select All. Is there something that needs to be enabled?

• Vera

Vera - 2012-01-05

hi alex,

it might be that something happened to your contextMenu.xml so that you only get the basic standard.
    Have a look in NPPs config folder (%appdata%\Notepad++\) if the contextMenu.xml is there. If no: that would be the answer; if yes: it might be defect.

Anyway you can grab the original standart contextMenu.xml from here:
    http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/notepadplus_repository/trunk/PowerEditor/src/contextMenu.xml?content-type=text%2Fplain&view=co
    and place it into the config folder (or replace the existing xml).

Start NPP and you should have quite a long context menu.
    tip: have a look at the contextmenu.xml itself - 'cos you're allowed to change it to your own needs.

greetings

• Alex

Alex - 2012-01-05

That was exactly it, thanks for the help!

• RoniVered

RoniVered - 2012-06-06

You've helped me too :)
    Thanks a lot.