filter plugin / maybe somebody can test it

Heinz
2013-03-23
2013-10-29
  • Heinz

Heinz - 2013-03-23

Hello,

I have created a plugin that can search/filter text and display the result in a new file.

I know there are some plugins like "linefilter" and "SearchPlus" that do something like this, but I need some different features so I've decided to try to make my own plugin.

I simply call it "linefilter2"

This is my first attempt to write a plugin so probably it’s not perfect, so far I have tested it with Windows XP,Win7 and Win2008R2 with Notepad++ 6.3 (UNICODE)

I consider this version "beta" ...so maybe somebody can test it and send me some comments about stability, performance, bugs, feature ideas...
    The plugin was designed to work with UTF8.

You can download it here:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/109029325/LineFilter2.dll

Heinz

• David Bailey

David Bailey - 2013-04-22

Hi - your plugin seemed to work well on a simple test. I have left it in my system in the hopes that I will find a real use at some point - it is the sort of tool you want once in a while!

David

• dail8859

dail8859 - 2013-04-22

Just as David said, it worked well on the little bit that I tested it out on some rather large files. I will definitely keep it around for future use when digging through log files.

One suggestion for future versions is to be able to specify a start and end line to filter. This can help performance for very large files that only have a small section that is relevant.

• dail8859

dail8859 - 2013-04-22

One minor issue I noticed, when N++ starts up with the plugin installed, it gives the Windows bell sound twice. Still works fine though.

• Tan Pham

Tan Pham - 2013-10-29

sorry, you can to help me for use this plugin

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks