Menu

Slow SourceForge

StanE
2015-02-20
2015-02-20
  • StanE

StanE - 2015-02-20

Just a personal message:

I like the design and menus at sourceforge but this platform is painfully slow and more and more unusable. Slow data transfers, timeouts, 500 internal server errors. Their Twitter account (https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops) shows that they seem to have massive problems with this platform and that they don't seem to be able to handle them. In my opinion this is very unprofessional and I don't want to stay longer here if this kind of problems wont get fixed over the next time. Since my plugins are hosted at sourceforge too, this affects the installation of such plugins through the Plugin Manager in Notepad++ too. I had to start the update process 7 times before the installation of my plugin succeeded in NPP. Normal users might not understand this but just think that something is wrong with my plugins. I will look for another platform to host my Notepad++ plugins and I hope that other developers (and maybe the Notepad++ project), who host their software at sourceforge, might think and consider to switch to another platform too.

So, now I have to beat a punchball...

• UFO

UFO - 2015-02-20

Dito!
    I went over to BitBucket some time ago (skipping GitHub because you can't have free private repos over there).
    Also I wish the N++ forums would move to another place. The SF forums are quite bugging in every single aspect.

• Christophe Meriaux

Hello guys,
    I agree with you, we should migrate to github or bitbucket. Thus git is
    more powerfull than SVN.
    I'd prefer github because it's connected with gerritHub (
    http://gerrithub.io/) : this is a code review tools that is very powerfull
    to review and integrate patch submitied by the community.

• Pavel Nedev

Pavel Nedev - 2015-02-20

Hi guys,
    I totally agree. SF has been very unstable recently. I also agree with Christophe - Gerrit is a very powerful tool for submitting and reviewing patches. We should use that.