insert plugin, a web edition...

2008-03-05
2013-11-06
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >> (Page 3 of 5)
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2008-06-08

Very handy your plugin.
    However, it's quite painful to download it.
    Do you mind if I upload it on Npp Plugins project page?

Don

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2008-06-08

I don't mind at all!
      I would even maintain it in the repository if someone would add me to the developers group of the Npp Plugins project.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-06-08

Then write a mail to Jens (the project manager of Npp Plugins project) to ask for that.
        I'm sure that he will be glad to add you in the list :)

Don

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2008-06-13

Jens didn't reply to my e-mail.
          Jens, if you are subscribed to this forum, please reply.

• Jens Lorenz

Jens Lorenz - 2008-06-15

I just added you to the plugins project.

Best Regards

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-06-15

Alexander,

Jens just added you as developer in Notepad++ plugins project on sourceforge :
            https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/

So you can release your binary and source on sourceforge now.

Don

• Jon Henderson

Jon Henderson - 2008-07-10

awesome.

great work!

• jive

jive - 2008-07-15

Wow.. Well don Alexander! This is one of the best N++ plugins! I am creating a Icon Set for this and will make it available with my .ini file when I am finished. Thanks for this!

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2008-07-15

Great, and I'm glad you like it! If you wish, I may consider adding your icons to the distribution package.

• hujhax

hujhax - 2008-08-19

First off, thanks for a great plugin!  This makes Notepad++ pretty much perfect for me.

Regarding Agro's requested feature:  taking my cue off of Semagic, what if we could do something like this?

&Linkify=<a href="{clipboard}">|</a>

... then, when we run "Linkify", "{clipboard}" is *replaced* by the current contents of the clipboard.  That would be especially handy in this particular case, where I'm usually linking to a URL I just copied.

Would this be hard to code?  Would anyone else find it useful?

• Ash Abraham

Ash Abraham - 2009-04-01

First of all, I want to say this plugin is awesome, in my company we just moved from EditPlus to Notepad++ and everybody was complaining that Notepad++ doesn't have this (WebEdit type) features and then I stumbled upon WebEdit and I was able to satisfy them. Thank you once again for this plugin.

I would really appreciate if somebody can provide me/us with a completed/populated WebEdit.ini file with icon sets for the toolbar.

Thanks again,
    Ash

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2009-04-03

WebEdit 1.3.2.1 is released. 

This is a minor update release. Added sample tags to the WebEdit.ini (based on contribution by Jonas Flint AKA jive). Minor update to documentation. No functionality changes.

A direct download link (87 Kb): 
      http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/npp-plugins/WebEdit.1.3.2.1.zip

For a list of SourceForge mirrors visit this page: 
      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=189927&package_id=280848&release_id=673074

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2009-04-01

I'm glad you like the plugin. Personally, I don't use it, I prefer the QuickText plugin. But if someone would send me a sample WebEdit.ini and/or a set of bitmaps, I would include them in the distribution. Contributions are welcome!

• Ash Abraham

Ash Abraham - 2009-04-01

The main reason I liked the WebEdit immediately is because of the toolbar icon capability.

The problem I encountered with QuickText is, it doesn't work really work well with user defined languages and Notepad++ UNICODE versions, but WebEdit does. I mainly need it for the HTML Tags.

By chance do you know what is the icon bitmap's specifics i.e. size WxH and such.

Thanks again,
        Ash

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2009-04-02

Images must have the BMP format (i.e. PNG or ICO are not supported). The maximum displayed size is 16 by 16 pixels (if the image is bigger, only its upper-left corner is shown). Color depths upto 24 BPP are supported AFAIK.

• jive

jive - 2009-04-08

Alexander,

Do you know if notepad++ supports .ico format now? Or Alpha transparent icons. If so, I will update the icons.

• PifPof

PifPof - 2009-04-20

Could anybody provide some example pictures or icons to the example ini file?

• koyama

koyama - 2009-05-12

This is a great plug-in. I had it working in a previous version of Notepad++, but it was automatically removed in an upgrade. That must have been when I upgraded to the Unicode version of Notepad++.

Now I am installing it again. Last time I had difficulties with the installation, but managed with the help of blog post by AR
    http://www.agronesia.net/2008/06/04/notepad-html-editing-tag-insertion-surround-plugin/

There are probably many who have simply given up with installing this, remember that not everyone is installing Notepad++ plug-ins on a routinely basis.

Therefore I have a few suggestions/questions:

1. Include an INSTALL.TXT file with instructions, even if they are very simple.
    2. Is it needed with so many files in the download, I only used 2 files? Just asking...

Again, thanks so much for this extremely valuable plug-in.

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2009-05-14

WebEdit 1.3.2.3 is released.

This is a minor update release, no functionality changes. Documentation was improved, the part about the installation process is now immediately visible and, hopefully, more useful for beginners. Plugin source code was placed in a subfolder of the distribution package to get it out of the way of the users.

A direct download link (89 Kb):
      http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/npp-plugins/WebEdit.1.3.2.3.zip

Release page on SourceForge (if you want to try other mirrors or get the md5 checksum):
      http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=189927&package_id=280848&release_id=682616

• koyama

koyama - 2009-05-14

Thank you for your quick reaction time. I downloaded the updated version and can confirm that it contains the instructions that I previously missed. Also, the important files for installation are now clearly visible when the package is unzipped.

Good luck with future development, keep up the great work!

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2009-05-14

A couple of good points, thank you for the feedback. I reorganized the WebEdit.txt to make installation instructions more obvious and complete. And I moved all the source code to the "Source" subfolder of the distribution package to get it out of the way. I'm going to upload the updated version soon.

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >> (Page 3 of 5)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks