Menu

Customize Toolbar - New Version 4.0

dave-user
2015-03-08
2015-05-05
  • dave-user

dave-user - 2015-03-08

Version 4.0 of Customize Toolbar has been released.

Version 4.0 adds drag-and-drop toolbar customization and fixes all reported problems (missing toolbar on Notepad++ startup, not wrapping toolbar when running on Windows XP, incorrect Circle/Box tree styling after using Hide Folder Margin button).

Both ANSI and Unicode variants are available for download at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-customize/files/Customize%20Toolbar%20v4.0/CustomizeToolbar_4_0_ANSI.zip/download

https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-customize/files/Customize%20Toolbar%20v4.0/CustomizeToolbar_4_0_UNI.zip/download

RELEASE NOTES

New features, changes and fixes in Version 4.0:

• New: Drag-and-drop toolbar buttons to reposition or remove buttons.
    • New: Double-click on toolbar to open 'Customize Toolbar' dialog box.
    • Chg: 'Help - Overview' updated to mention drag-and-drop toolbar customization.
    • Fix: Toolbar sometimes was not displayed when Notepad++ started. Fixed.
    • Fix: Toolbar flickered for a short period while Notepad++ started. Fixed.
    • Fix: 'Wrap Toolbar' menu option did not work with Windows XP or with Common Controls before version 6.0. Fixed.
    • Fix: 'Chevron' overflow button not displayed with Windows XP or with Common Controls before version 6.0. Fixed.
    • Fix: 'Hide Folder Margin' button lost 'Circle'/'Box' tree styling due to bug in Notepad++. Fixed.
    • Fix: Incorrectly called Get/SetWindowLong() instead of Get/SetWindowLongPtr() in several places. Fixed.

Last edit: dave-user 2015-03-09
    • Yaron

Yaron - 2015-03-09

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the new version. Really great.

With all icons added and "Wrap Toolbar" checked, the toolbar still flickers on start-up (Windows 7).

I don't use all icons, and it works like a charm for me; - just in case you'd like to check it.

Best regards.

• THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2015-03-08

Hi dave-user,

Ah, many thanks ( again ! ) for adding these TWO useful functions :

• Start of the CustomizeToolbar dialog, when double-clicking on an empty place of the Toolbar

• Move of any button of the Toolbar, by hitting the SHIFT key and dragging it to an other position

From now on, your plugin does have a professional look ! Really awesome :)

I verified, again, with this last 4.0.0.0 version, all the points, that we spoke about, in our different e-mails, and I'm glad to tell you that everything works fine, in, both, ANSI and UNICODE versions, with my Win XP configuration :-)

Tomorrow, at work, I'll do some more tests, with my W7 machine, but I bet that everything will be OK too !

Note :

When the option Wrap Toolbar is NOT checked, and there are TOO MANY buttons to completely fit the Toolbar, we get a funny behaviour :

• The first buttons, which can be displayed on the Toolbar, can also be dragged to an other position

• The additional buttons, displayed, in the one column list, on the right part of the window, can't be dragged, of course, to an different position !

We just have to be aware of that fact :-)

Best Regards,

guy038

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2015-03-08
  • Ethan Piliavin

Ethan Piliavin - 2015-04-01

Hi, thanks for the great plugin.

It seems like its not working yet with the MenuIcons Plugin.. the icons appear in the menus but not in the customized toolbar...

( https://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/482781/thread/dbea5d02/ )

Is there a way to look into it?

• Franco

Franco - 2015-04-01

Potentially, Customize Toolbar could read the menu bitmap when creating the buttons.

• Ethan Piliavin

Ethan Piliavin - 2015-04-23

Dave,

I was wondering/hoping you could look into this for a future version? Would it be possible for Customize Toolbar to read the menu bitmap when creating the buttons?

• Ethan Piliavin

Ethan Piliavin - 2015-05-05

Any news/hope on this?

• Ethan Piliavin

Ethan Piliavin - 2015-04-01

One request as well. Do you think it is possible to increase the size of the toolbar icons?

• Yaron

Yaron - 2015-04-18

Hello Dave,

I find the new "Restore Recent Closed File" feature very useful.
    I've created a Python Script running the command, and added it to the toolbar.
    Would it be possible to directly add dynamically created commands to the toolbar?

And a minor issue:
    Icons in a disabled state are rendered black on the toolbar, whereas on the menu (with the MenuIcons plugin) their color is normal gray.
    Is there anything you can do about it?

Thank you.