New plugin: CTAGS Support available

2008-01-07
2012-11-14
  • mohan sunkara

mohan sunkara - 2008-01-07

Happy new year to everyone.

I have developed a plugin to support ctags in NPP. It supports jumping to a tag, tag stack and searching tag. Keyboard shortcuts are are provided.

How do I make this plugin availble for download from NPP website?

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Mohan

• Mike

Mike - 2008-08-15

Old thread, I know - just wanted to let you know that this plugin is working well for me and that it DOES work very well with non-C/C++ files.  I've tested with Tcl and Python and it works great.  Thanks!

• steakhacher

steakhacher - 2008-01-08

Hi

I think that you can published your plugin (dll+src) somewhere on the web and give the link  here then contact jens or wait that jens contact you to add your project on the npp plugins project sourceforge site.

Thanks

• Nobody/Anonymous

Do you know CCompletition? Maybe this is the similar plugin? Does your plugin supports only C/C++ to?

Best Regards
      Jens

• mohan sunkara

mohan sunkara - 2008-01-10

Hi Jens,

No, I am not aware of CCompletition utility. I have uploaded the source code and release DLL at http://rapidshare.com/files/82719594/NPPTags.zip. I have tested this utility only with C++ code. I think it will work for all the languages that CTAGS supports.

Thanks,
      Mohan

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi

I just test your plugin. Your implementation seems to be interesting (may be better than ccompletion), nevertheless I succed in doing nothing. Can you add some explaination about how to use your plugin.

I opened a cpp file and try all the plugin function, but nothing is working. I don't understand what should be add in configuration.

Should I have a ctag.exe somewhere? At this time there is ctag.exe in plugin directory because of CCompletion.
      Thanks for your help

• mohan sunkara

mohan sunkara - 2008-01-27

Hi,
      Sorry, it took me this long to develop a readme.doc for my plugin. Please download the latest plugin and the readme.doc from http://rapidshare.com/files/86945789/NPPTags.zip.html.
      Let me know if you have any questions / feedback.
      Thanks,
      Mohan

• user 009

user 009 - 2008-02-27

Excellent Plugin.
      One of the best addons for Notepad++.

To simplify generation of the CTAG database
      (tags file) use OpenCTagsForNpp.dll
      Plugins->OpenCTags->CTags
      {this step creates the 'tags' file}

Then you can configure and use NPPtags.dll
      Plugins->Ctags->Configuration (use the 'tags' file
      generate in step 1. here)

Works great !!

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2008-02-27

Sounds tempting... I have a couple of questions, though:
      1. Where do I get "OpenCTagsForNpp.dll"?
      2. Is it possible to employ CTAGS for Scintilla autocompletion and call tips features? (I mean, does CTAGS provide enough information to create a plugin to feed the info to Scintilla?)

• Nobody/Anonymous

You can also try CCompletion  plugin that it's even better for me. This is the link :
        http://freeweb.siol.net/rmihor/NppCCompletionPlugin.zip

Regards

Mauro

• user 009

user 009 - 2008-02-29

alexiljin,

(1)
        1. Where do I get "OpenCTagsForNpp.dll"?
        ---
        http://openctags.sourceforge.net/
        -----
        (2)
        Is it possible to employ CTAGS for Scintilla autocompletion and call tips features? (I mean, does CTAGS provide enough information to create a plugin to feed the info to Scintilla?)
        ---
        No idea on this one.
        -----

• Karsten Poulsen

Karsten Poulsen - 2008-02-27

The rapidshare link does not funktion correctly. The "free" version just tells you, that you have exeeded your download but do NOT download anything.

Could you put your code somewhere else please?

Best regards,
      Karsten