Support for EBCDIC-ANSI-conversion

2006-10-16
2012-11-14
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi folks,

are there any plans to implement EBCDIC-ANSI-conversion in some future version? Editing textfiles created on an IBM HOST machine will then be much easier. Right now I have to use the hexeditor-plugin or use some other editor (which is not my favorite one).

• DV

DV - 2006-10-17

As I know, EBCDIC uses 8 bits to represent a character (letter) i.e. one character is one byte. In this case you can use the ConvertExt plugin for encoding to EBCDIC and from it.
      ConvertExt plugin from the Notepad++ download page includes detailed documentation which describes a creation of your own (external) encoding tables. This would allow you to work with EBCDIC.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks, I discovered the function in the ConvertExt-plugin yesterday and it works fine for me. The function-menu of ConvertExt has no submenus in my notepad++, but a very long list and i did not notice the scroll-arrows...

• DV

DV - 2006-10-23

Can you send me screenshots of your ConvertExt menu? Submenus are OK for me in Windows 98 and 2000 on different PCs. But maybe I did not take something into account — who knows? What OS do you use? Mail to: dvv81 <at> ukr <dot> net, or to: dv <at> unisystem <dot> kiev <dot> ua

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks