Menu

SherloXplorer v0.5

UFO
2015-02-13
2015-02-20
  • UFO

UFO - 2015-02-13

Hi,

• new: favorites dialog for faster access (also reorder or remove favorites here, change their aliases or open their shell context menu)
    • new: option: show shell context menu for current file directly in editor by simply pressing ctrl + menu key (or ctrl + right mouse button)
    • new: option: auto sort favorites (was internally always enabled in the past)
    • new: option: show favorites in folder view (was internally always enabled in the past)
    • new: option: apply N++ theme to plug-in colors (at least N++ 6.6.8 required!)
    • new: option: disable drag & drop (for jumpy fingers to prevent unintentional folder/file movements)
    • fix: don't show (hidden) explorer panel when directly opening shell context menu (in editor)
    • fix: also open selected files in full tree view by pressing return key (only worked in file view in the past)

Download v0.5

Regards

• Christophe Meriaux

Hello UFO,
    I asked a new option (disable drag & drop) and you did it in few days :
    you're my hero ;-)

I'm thinking about a new feature : I'd like to rename my favorite.
    I can rename them in the windows "Show favorites" in the column "alias" but this new name is not used in the Sherlock windows. I give you a screenshot as an example.

Thanks you.
    Christophe

• Christophe Meriaux

By the way,
    the option "disable drag & drop" works well with me.

• UFO

UFO - 2015-02-13

Of course I had a look at renaming the favs in the explorer view, too,
    but unfortunately they can only be displayed by the original dir name.
    Actually that was the only reason why I also added the option to hide the
    favs in the explorer view. Because it's useless having multiple favs with the
    same name in the view..

Last edit: UFO 2015-02-13
  • Nutznieser

Nutznieser - 2015-02-19

Hello UFO,

I notice a bug in connection to the plugin Location Navigate 0.4.7.7. If I set there the option 'Auto clear when close', Notepad++ raise an error at exit. I attached the error message to this comment.

The error appears only together with SherloXplorer. If I deinstall SherloXplorer, all works well. I don't know, which is really the cause - SherloXplorer or Location Navigate?
    Please can you check that?

Thanks,
    HarryH!

• UFO

UFO - 2015-02-19

Hi,

hmm.. I'm also using Location Navigate 0.4.7.7, but I never checked the option "Auto clear when close". I checked it now, opened SherloXplorer, did some "navigations" and then closed N++ (v6.7.3 btw), but I don't have any crashes so far?
    Do have a more specific step-by-step to reproduce a crash?

Greets

• Nutznieser

Nutznieser - 2015-02-19

Hi,

I tried that again on a windows 7 pc and there I get no error. But on my Windows 8.1 Pc I have the error.

If I back home I can send you some informations from the windows event viewer, when you need it. It reports the crash at finishing notepad++.

Greets!

• UFO

UFO - 2015-02-20

I'm also running Win8.1.
    When you simply open N++ and the SherloXplorer panel and then close N++, does it crash already?

• Nutznieser

Nutznieser - 2015-02-20

No, it crash only with the set option 'Auto clear when close' from the plugin Location Navigate. Else I have no problems.

So, currently I switch off the option in plugin Location Navigate.

• UFO

UFO - 2015-02-20

it crash only with the set option 'Auto clear when close'

Yes, I understand that.. but "what else" must I do to make it crash?
    1) Do you use any other additional plug-ins?
    2) When you simply open N++ and the SherloXplorer panel and then close N++, does it crash already (with "Auto clear when close" ON)?
    3) Or does it only crash when you "work" with N++ for some time (still with "Auto clear when close" ON)?