any progress on the Aspell plugin?

2006-01-21
2012-11-14
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I haven't seen any chatter, lately, has the idea been shelved?

• Chris Severance

Chris Severance - 2006-01-21

>modifications to the Scintilla component so it can use pcre for Regex

Scintilla's limited Regex generates constant complaints. Many including me would like to see a more full featured Regex integrated. Have you asked to have your changes included?

• Josh Harris

Josh Harris - 2006-01-21

I certainly haven't permanently shelved it, but it is gathering a lot of dust.  I've had a few other projects catch my eye lately (video and work related) so I haven't touched it since the first test release that I put out last September.  I use it often for checking forum posts such as this, though, and there are quite a few things that need fixing...

I'm still running Notepad++ v3.2 (I use a custom version, mostly with modifications to the Scintilla component so it can use pcre for Regex, and haven't gotten around to trying to merge my changes in with v3.4).  This means I also haven't compiled the Aspell plug-in for v3.4.  The dll from September probably does not work with v3.4.

I can't say when I'll get back to it but I would definitely like to finish it someday or at least get it to a more user friendly state.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks