NppCalc

Max Power
2009-09-12
2015-01-25
  • Max Power

Max Power - 2009-09-12

Someone one the requested tracker of "notepad++ plugins" suggested an "In-line calculator". I'm not sure if someone else has done this already, but i thought it would be very easy to realize using the boost::spirit lib and so within the last hour i created this:
    http://www.cerberus-design.de/nppcalc.zip

i hope it works…

• cchris

cchris - 2009-09-12

Not fully functional yet…

An exception occured. Notepad++ cannot recover and must be shut down.
    The exception details are as follows:
    Code: 0xC0000005
    Type: Access violation
    Exception address: 0x02B6133C

Granted, this is with an intermediate build of 5.5, but this doesn't look too good…

CChris

• Somic

Somic - 2009-09-13

Hi CChris,

was it caused by NppCalc or anmXNpp?

if it was the second, do you have more info to provide (es. which was the expression that caused the error)?

Thanks in advance,
    Somic

• cchris

cchris - 2009-09-13

Nope, it was NppCalc, by simply clocking its Alt+Q submenu entry.

CChris

• Max Power

Max Power - 2009-09-13

k in this case no bugfixes needed. i will just use anmXNpp in future, thx for the tip.

• Louis Reinitz

Louis Reinitz - 2013-11-02

I can't seem to get NppCalc to work.

I've tried with ActiveCalc on and off

I've tried the simple expression

2^5\n

nothing happens
    I just get a new line

• THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2013-11-10

Hello Louis,

In my configuration ( Npp++ Last Version 6.5.1 ), on my Win XP SP3 laptop, the plugin NppCalc works like a charm :-) Many thanks, again, to the author RinOS !

My main program Notepad++.exe is located in the folder My Documents\_651

The 3 files NppCalc.dll, HelpNppCalcEn.txt and HelpNppCalcRu.txt are located in the folder :

My Documents\_651\plugins

• NppCalc.dll Last Modified 27/02/2013 and 930816 bytes

• HelpNppCalcEn.txt Last Modified 27/02/13 and 11383 bytes

• HelpNppCalcRu.txt Last Modified 27/02/13 and 11439 bytes

To activate this plugin, I simply use Menu Plugins\NppCalc\Active Calc or the shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + C

IMPORTANT :

May be, the default shortcut of NppCalc is, now, used by an OTHER plugin , in your configuration ! So, it's better to choose the Menu way :)

One Example :

If I write, in a new tab, n:=7 and hit the Enter key, nothing is displayed but the value 7 is attributed to the variable n

Then, if I write n and hit the Enter key, it answers the value 7, as expected, on the next line

And if I write 2^5/n and hit the Enter key, it answers the value 1.64067071201528 as it's equivalent to 2^(5/n)

Finally, if I write (2^5)/n and hit the Enter key, it answers the result 4.57142857142857

If necessary, download again this plugin at the address below :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nppcalc/

Cheers,

guy038

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2013-11-10
  • THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2013-11-10

Hello Louis,

Sorry, but it seems that I wrote this post twice !

Cheers,

guy038

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2013-11-10
  • tre-flip

tre-flip - 2014-02-26

I have tried that method THeventot but nothing happens in the file. I am on windows 8.1 and there was some a message saying not able to validate integrity of file when re/installing nppcalc from plug in manager.

• tre-flip

tre-flip - 2014-04-17

I have since been able to run it. Not sure if I remember correctly the process to get it to work but it has been fairly useful and I would love to be able to give feedback to author or anyone interested in furthering it's development. It is quick easy and right there in the editor vs. matlab which has to be loaded and then file converted... not really graphing anything too often so this would be a quickndirty method for most of my needs.

• Kadner

Kadner - 2015-01-25

NB Works fine but ONLY from Editor1 !