N++ crashes in dual monitor configuration.

2006-02-01
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

First off, Notepad++ has been a godsend. It's my favorite editor, which pains me to say I have come across my first major problem with it.

Recently I moved offices and icorporated a second monitor into my setup. They are both Dell 20-inch LCDs. I've have an ATI Radeon X600 and currently have Multimon installed. This is Windows XP Pro SP2. I'm using the XML file configuration for N++.

Whenever I open Notepad++ 3.4 it immediately crashes. Of course, it might not be N++'s fault, but I don't know where else to start.

The event log shows an Application Error Event ID:1000. Faulting application notepad++.exe, version 3.4.0.0, faulting module scilexer.dll, version 1.6.6.0, fault address 0x00002539.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Anyone have any ideas? I didn't see anything in the FAQ, but I could have overlooked it.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Nobody/Anonymous

I think I figured it out and it appears to not be related to the dual monitor setup. That is just a coincidence. Session Saver was loading up three files from my previous session, before hooking up the second moniot and installing Multimon. I went into the XML file that listed the previous text files and removed them off the load list. N++ starts up fine now.

The only thing I saw was a possible naming conflict. In a rush to save a previous file I kept the N++ default of "New 3". N++ had two separate entries for "New 3" in that XML file. When I removed those references, N++ loaded fine.

Sorry for the confusion.