notepad++ encoding problem

YP
2014-06-06
2014-06-16
  • YP

YP - 2014-06-06

Hi

I've been using a wordpress plugin called Duplicator (for duplicating website) for many times on Hostgator without problem. Now I'm on another host, I've problem getting the encoding for installer.php right.

By the way I'm using notepad++ for this.

1) From hostgator, the installer.php generated is encoded in UTF-8 without BOM (ANSI as UTF-8 in notepad++), I can actually read the content of the file and have no problem duplicating the site.
    2) On another host, the installer.php generated is encoded in ANSI according to notepad++, is all gibberish.

In notepad++, I tried to convert the ANSI file by clicking "Convert to UTF-8 without BOM", however the file is still all gibberish.

Can someone kindly help me on this? I'm trying hard to migrate a site to another server. I've scoured the Internet but can't really find a solution on this.

I've uploaded both the working UTF-8 and problematic ANSI file onto Dropbox--> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vwnrqg7vs4ir0v7/AAC-1EQBz8wGE971tRxz67Rca

All I need is some utilities or editors that I can actually use to convert the file properly.

Thank you vey much

• cchris

cchris - 2014-06-07

Can you attach zipped version of the garbled "ANSI" file? I cannot download it as is, and I'd need to do that to understand what's up.

CChris

• YP

YP - 2014-06-08

Hi Chris

Thank you so much for your attention. I've uploaded the zip file to the same folder as requested.

YP

Last edit: YP 2014-06-08
  • cchris

cchris - 2014-06-15

Sorry for the late reply, but this file you posted is just not a text file. Specially its starting characters do not make sense, so I even doubt this is any encoding at all being applied. Could it be that this text is actually compressed or encrypted somehow?
    N++ flagged it as ANSI because it couldn't make any sense of it.

CChris

• YP

YP - 2014-06-16

Thank you very much Chris. I will work work with the hosting provider to resolve this, maybe some settings on the server is not right.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks