"view source" with Notepad++

2004-07-07
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, I just installed Notepad++ and it works like a charm. I wished it could replace the original Notepad everywhere.

That's why I have this question:
    Whenever I want to view the source of an HTML page, I use my right button to "view source". I wished the source would be opened in Notepad++, but it doesn't.

Do you know if there's a way to change this?

The answer I'm NOT looking for is to change the settings through Windows Explorer. Because if i say to windows to open local HTML files with Notepad++, I only get to see the source pages. I just want to double-click html-files and view them in Internet Explorer (whatever) and view the source in Notepad++

I hope you guys understand my. I'm not english, but hey, I do my best ;-)

• Nobody/Anonymous

You have to change the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor\Editor Name]

Unfortunately notepad++ is unable to handle the file received in parameter because of windows long filenames, anyway... it's a start to solve your problem.

maybe somebody else is able to complete this solution

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-07-29

Indeed, there's no way to pass the parameter to Notepad++.
        If you have the solution, please tell me.

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-11-01

The release v2.5 resolve this problem.
          Now the notepad replacement of "view source" under IExplorer works perfectely (set the source as html automatically)!

You should activated this feature via v2.5 Installer.

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-07-08

Mmm... the parameter is a good idea.
      I'll consider that.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

I don't know how, but if I view source, it's open with n++. I've take a look at this key in the registry and I only have this in the default value

"C:\Archivos de programa\Develop\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" withOUT the quotation marks. And it works.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Using the TweakUI power tool from Microsoft, you can easily set notepad++ as the 'View source' editor for Internet Explorer.   TweakUI is available for free download here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-10-28

How about firefox?

Does anybody know how to set "view source" command to Notepad++?

Don