View does not stay at end of file when switching windows

Mike
2014-08-05
2014-08-05
  • Mike

Mike - 2014-08-05

Hello, using notepad++ to edit XML files for ham radio. I have the latest version (6.6.8).

Have two files open in two windows. I need the view (the scroll position) to stay at the end of the file where I leave it. When I set the view to the very end of one file and go to second window, the view there is not at the end (where I left it before going to the first window) but it's been shifted up a ways. The cursor stays at the end, but not the file view. Then when I scroll down to the end in the first window, and go back to the other window, the view is also shifted up a ways from where I left it. Then when I set the view there to the end, and go back to first window it's again been moved from where I set it. And so on ...

But the view stays where I set it at other locations in the middle of the file when switching between windows. It's just at the end, notepad++ does not want to stay at the end.

How can I make the program keep the view where I set it - at the end of the file?

Thanks for any help.

• Mike

Mike - 2014-08-05

Well now it stopped doing it, but I haven't the slightest idea what I did to make it stop.