Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

SRS document for Notepad++

2012-12-20
2013-02-14
  • reaper davidian

reaper davidian - 2012-12-20

Hello there..
    I am creating an SRS document for Notepad++ vrsn 6.2. Here is the wikipedia definition:
    "A software requirements specification (SRS), a requirements specification for a software system, is a complete description of the behavior of a system to be developed and may include a set of use cases that describe interactions the users will have with the software. In addition it also contains non-functional requirements. Non-functional requirements impose constraints on the design or implementation (such as performance engineering requirements, quality standards, or design constraints).
    The software requirements specification document enlists all necessary requirements for project development. To derive the requirements we need to have clear and thorough understanding of the products to be developed. This is prepared after detailed communications with project team and the customer."

So, what I am asking from you is: Tell me your favorite Notepad++ features. The ones you want to see explained in detail in such a document (and a way to explain them if you like), as well as the ones we HAVE to mention. Generally, to be honest, I see that no one gives much attention to SRS documents, but I want to make a really good one for N++ ! If you want, help me :)

• cchris

cchris - 2012-12-29

Perhaps scanning the wiki could help you? Check out the MediaWiki link on this page.

CChris

• reaper davidian

reaper davidian - 2013-01-12

Thank you CChris. I've already found enough sources to complete my project. I just asked for anyone to tell me what is their favorite thing they can do using Npp, so I can pick the most popular features.
    (btw it will be finished by February 11th )

BR,
    Yannis

• reaper davidian

reaper davidian - 2013-02-14

CChris I sent you an email with the document : cchrisATusers/sourceforge/net