Syntax highlighting for wiki

avorain
2006-02-17
2012-11-13
  • avorain

avorain - 2006-02-17

Bonjour
    Je cherche un fichier de coloration syntaxique pour le langage wiki (Wikipédia en particulier).

Hello
    I'm looking for syntax highlighting file for wiki language (especially for Wikipedia). I know it is possible to define its own language file but I would like to know if a file already exists before trying to do it myself.

Thank you

• Nobody/Anonymous

This would be incredible.  I would love to have

== Foo ==

=== Bar ===

to define folding and such.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi. Could somebody be so kind, tell us:

How easy is it to implement custom syntax highlighting without modifying one of the "built-in" languages?

Would this work for folding too?

Thank you
        Notepad++ is the BEST!!!!!!

• Yuri Astrakhan

Yuri Astrakhan - 2006-07-29

I would so love to have one! I tried making it, but lots of wiki specific features (a symbol in the first position changes the meaning, etc) cannot be easily done (at least not by me :(

Please!

• Nobody/Anonymous

> I'm looking for syntax highlighting file for wiki language (especially for Wikipedia). I know it is possible to define its own language file but I would like to know if a file already exists before trying to do it myself.

- I didn't know if there an UDL for wiki lang exists. On HP there is no one. Create one yourself and publish it, please.

> How easy is it to implement custom syntax highlighting without modifying one of the "built-in" languages? Would this work for folding too?

- Yes, this is possible by create a own User Defined Language. Create a new one, give it a name and set an Ext value (.*). When opening a file with this extension your UDL will be opened.

For folding type "Foo Bar" or "== ===" in the corresponding field.
      Please note: The space characters preludes a new folding level.

You could also define your own rules to detect functions with the Function List plugin. Therefore select "Plugins->Function List->User Rules".

Best Regards
      Jens

• Nobody/Anonymous

I would like to add the 11 macros that comprise the Writeboard wiki (37Signals.com)(basecamp, backpack...) as a style configurator option via the lanuguage tab, so as to display *bold* text as one colour and _italic_ text as another, and so on.
      Other projects have been outlined that try to make a full wiki i.e wikipedia client. Notepad++ style configurator would make finding errors in formatting easier, especially in large documents.

Macros include:
      _italic_
      h2. header
      *bold*
      "link":http://link.tor etc.

Do any contributors know of an easy way to make changes to the style configurator settings, and perhaps could they perhaps give an example? Would changes be made via the \ApplicationData\Notepad++\stylers.xml file?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,
      thanks

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks