Missing in user language description

2005-01-27
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi!

I've found some restrictions in the way a language can be defined using your user-defined mode, which is rather annoying in a specific language i am trying to describe.

For examle commented lines are:
    - if the "-sign is used the remainder of the line is  
    regarded as a comment (easy enough to do
    currently).
    - If a line begins with the *-sign the rest (until
    newline) should be regarded as a comment. (This
    cannot be expressed currently)

To be able to express the last comment-description it would need the availability of carriage-return/newline and begin-line values that could be used in the described (like a tag, for example a block with <newline>* in beginning and <newline> in the end)

Furthermore it would be excellent if one could pair the blocks instead of just having begin-blocks and end-blocks, where you have everything, and therefore have no way of knowing which endblock will be used to end your begin block.

Other than those additions it is a simply great and small, efficient program!

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-01-31

> - If a line begins with the *-sign the rest (until 
      > newline) should be regarded as a comment. (This 
      > cannot be expressed currently)

It works to me to define "*" as the comment line mark.
      Which version do you use?

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

"Furthermore it would be excellent if one could pair the blocks instead of just having begin-blocks and end-blocks, where you have everything, and therefore have no way of knowing which endblock will be used to end your begin block.  "

An auto-closing of tags in HTML and XML language could be very useful. Just like notepad2.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-12-23

> An auto-closing of tags in HTML and XML language could be very useful. Just like notepad2.

The TextFX plugin does it.

Don

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks