Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

Missing in user language description

2005-01-27
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi!

I've found some restrictions in the way a language can be defined using your user-defined mode, which is rather annoying in a specific language i am trying to describe.

For examle commented lines are:
    - if the "-sign is used the remainder of the line is  
    regarded as a comment (easy enough to do
    currently).
    - If a line begins with the *-sign the rest (until
    newline) should be regarded as a comment. (This
    cannot be expressed currently)

To be able to express the last comment-description it would need the availability of carriage-return/newline and begin-line values that could be used in the described (like a tag, for example a block with <newline>* in beginning and <newline> in the end)

Furthermore it would be excellent if one could pair the blocks instead of just having begin-blocks and end-blocks, where you have everything, and therefore have no way of knowing which endblock will be used to end your begin block.

Other than those additions it is a simply great and small, efficient program!

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-01-31

> - If a line begins with the *-sign the rest (until 
      > newline) should be regarded as a comment. (This 
      > cannot be expressed currently)

It works to me to define "*" as the comment line mark.
      Which version do you use?

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

"Furthermore it would be excellent if one could pair the blocks instead of just having begin-blocks and end-blocks, where you have everything, and therefore have no way of knowing which endblock will be used to end your begin block.  "

An auto-closing of tags in HTML and XML language could be very useful. Just like notepad2.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-12-23

> An auto-closing of tags in HTML and XML language could be very useful. Just like notepad2.

The TextFX plugin does it.

Don