Highlighting is broken??

2007-08-20
2014-07-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I have been using Notepad++ for several years and love it.  I normally use it for editing C code.  I am using Notepad++ 4.2.2 currently and have recently noticed, when highlighting text with the mouse, the text is highlighted, but it is not visually shown highlighted.  Its hard to explain, but the normal colored bar that appears over the highlighted text is not present after highlighting.  If you do highlight text, and for example hit the delete key, it will delete the text even though it didn't look like it was highlighted.  I guess this means the highlighting is working, just not shown graphically.

Is this a preference I have set wrong.  It's almost like there is a preference to set the highlighting color and it is set to transparent.

It was like this on my last install of Notepad++.  I uninstalled the old version and reinstalled version 4.2.2 hoping it would fix it, but the problem remains.

Thanks in advance.

• Nobody/Anonymous

That was it!  Thanks so much.  Now I'm back in business.

• bdb4269

bdb4269 - 2007-08-20

You can change the color of highlighting under "settings" --> "style configurator"

Then under "global styles" you should see "selected text color" -- select that, and you can change the background color used for text selection, to anything you like.

• oldsioux

oldsioux - 2014-07-05

Hello... what causes your color settings for highlighting and code operators, etc. to stop showing the colors?
        They seem to be configured in the Style Configurator but when typing out code there is no color of any kind, just the same color for all text.

I regularly run ClamWin and Spy Bot- Search & Destroy, but never noticed this until today. It was all working fine before shutting down last night. Now, no colors.

I'm using the autocompletion feature for code brackets and such that comes with N++. What gives?

• slg

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-07-07

Hi oldsioux,

Hello... what causes your color settings for highlighting and code operators, etc. to stop showing the colors?

Does this happen with just one file or all of them? Did you change anything in Style Configurator? What are your settings in Global Styles in Style Configurator?

Regards,
    Loreia

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks