Folder Margin dissapears

kiuxlievas
2014-07-11
2014-07-11
  • kiuxlievas

kiuxlievas - 2014-07-11

I'm using Notepad++ 6.6.7

With Display Line Number switched off I use a Margin because I don't want the text so tight up against the edge as it looks awful...

I set the Margin to Simple but it keeps disappearing whenever I close the window or switch between tabs.

Also I want the Margin the same color as the background color (white) so it isn't visible, and ideally it's width to be adjustable.

Assuming this won't be fixed How can I manually adjust the code to fix these problems? (I'm not a programmer)

Until I can fix this sadly I'll have to look for another editor.

Last edit: kiuxlievas 2014-07-11
  • THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2014-07-11

Hello kiuxlievas,

You can change the background colour of the Line number margin very easily. Just, follow the method, below :

• Select the Setting menu

• Select the Style configurator...* sub-menu

• In the Style Configurator dialog, select the Default (Stylers.xml) theme

• Select the Global Styles language

• Select the Line number margin style

• Click, with the left mouse button, on the background square box

• Choose the blank colour, of the right bottom corner of the colours panel

• Click on the Save & close button

Et voilà !

From now on, the margin for line numbers and/or bookmarks is blank as the background text :-)

To get back to the default colour, you'll need to click on the More colours button and type the value 228 for each primary colours ( Red - Green - Blue )

To that purpose, see the attached picture kiuxlievas.png. I added some bookmarks, too.

Best Regards,

guy038

P.S. :

I did the test, with the 6.6.6 version, but I think there's no change, concerning this point, in the 6.6.7 version !

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2014-07-11

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks