Using Notepadd++ to scan barcodes

Brodie
2009-05-21
2012-11-13
  • Brodie

Brodie - 2009-05-21

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a fix?  We use Notepad ++ to help with Inventory at our business by means of scanning product and then importing that data into an Inventory Management System.  IS there a way to set it up so that it will automattically go to the next line once we scan something?  Does anyone know?

Thanks In Adavance,

Brodie

• Pawel Lijewski

Pawel Lijewski - 2009-05-30

Tobias is correct.
      Find the paper manual or go to the scanner manufacturer website and download the manual as PDF.
      There will be a barcode which will program your scanner to add <cr> on each scan. You can also program other prefixes and sufixes.

• Tobias Leich

Tobias Leich - 2009-05-21

is that coorect that you just want to scan one barcode after ech other in a blank text file?

that should already work because the 1d scanners i know send an <cr> after the barcode-data...

• Brodie

Brodie - 2009-05-21

Our wireless scanners do send the info but our wireless ones do not.  The problem is the wireless ones work much slower then the ones we have wired into the machines.  Anymore help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Tobias Leich

Tobias Leich - 2009-05-23

what product/model do you have? maybe you have to configure it to send the <cr>, or set the encoding correctly...