2.7 source errors out-of-the-box

elsapo
2005-01-22
2012-11-13
  • elsapo

elsapo - 2005-01-22

Just compiled notepad plus 2.7 source, VS.NET, ignored the 155 warnings, and tried running it.

Configurator
    Load langs.xml failed!

Configurator
    Load config.xml failed!

Configurator
    Load stylers.xml failed!

SYS ERR:
    can't not load the dynamic library

Then it ends -- the main window never comes up.

I posted a patch to fix the grammatical error in the final message box and to also include the desired dynamic library, to help the user fix the problem.

Now, I assume that using the 2.7 version requires moving some files around from the distribution tree, to get past these errors. What I'm wondering is, is there any documentation on how to do this?

I'm guessing that I need to copy two dlls from \scintilla\bin to PowerEditor\visual.net\Debug.

I tried that, and now I get the first three error messages above, and then a main window comes up.

When I immediately push the X in the upper right to close it (ie, without doing anything), I get this:

System Err
    La operacin se ha completado correctamente

That means there wasn't an error (the operation was successful), which is a strange error message to display.

• Greg Bullock

Greg Bullock - 2005-01-22

I believe NP++ looks for all three .xml files in the executable folder, so copying them (from the installation folder, if necessary) should fix the three error messages.

Also, NP++, like all applications, looks for its DLLs in the executable folder, among other places.  In NP++'s case, that's the preferred location, so you did the right thing to fix that error.

Regards.
      Greg

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks