change default save option

2004-10-30
2012-11-13
  • fk_name2004

fk_name2004 - 2004-10-30

Hello,

Your app is excellent (using v2.4), a cut above the rest, I enjoy using it.
    I also set it as my default Notepad so I could work with it all the time.
    Although in another post you recommend against using npp as the default windows text editor - it opens as fast as notepad, the mdi interface, and line numbering; it is ideally suited to that task as well.

The default "save as" option, as well as the default "new file" option,  of "All types *.*" is a nuisance. The file saves without an extension and makes problems when trying to open it later, or sort it in the file manager.
    The "file -> open" dialog has filters for many file types, even nfo which is fun, but doesn't have .txt either.

I tried looking through the config files in the npp directory to see if I could set a new default (.txt) or other default, but don't see how.
    Is there an option to set a default "save as" extension?
    Or to have the correct extension assigned to a new file based on what language the user has selected in the Language menu?

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-11-01

> Is there an option to set a default "save as" extension?

No, you can't.
      But I'll enhance the "save as" dialog (to add the extension according with the filter).

> Or to have the correct extension assigned to a new
      > file based on what language the user has selected in the Language menu?

Not bad as an idea. I'll consider it.

Don

• fk_name2004

fk_name2004 - 2004-11-27

Thanks for considering our input.

I look forward to your next release, and all the ideas coming from the ToDo and requests list.

Cheers.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks