why the blank spaces at line ends_random characters?

2014-03-22
2014-03-30
  • Brittney Smith

Brittney Smith - 2014-03-22

I was creating a few pages of random characters. Yes, there are apps that do it, but I just used a long password generator & copied into NPP.

It put blank spaces at quite a few line ends. I thought it was because of certain code formatting characters; but some empty spaces begin at alpha characters. So, manually deleted empty spaces, while in NPP (couldn't get any line operations to do it).

But when copy / paste the whole file into a word processor (OOo Writer 4.0.1) or other editors, they put some blank spaces back in (but not in same places where I deleted). Anyone know what gives?

A sample of data, as it appears in NPP, has no blank spaces at any line ends. But, if I copy a sample from NPP to enter below, it adds spaces back - as happens in other editors / word processors. Why? Some of the "line returns" may be from certain characters. But not all blanks begin where one of those special characters is at the line's end, nor at beginning of next line. Unless WAY more characters signal carriage return than I remember.

BUeIjR|SKE(WlnWZ|h9iAF(eN)Zjn[3:l<BfhCjJHp6?An_f8MaI;^$07sTxbmDc></w},}orFnrmiG#vX)iY.T>.):t^RyCaY9Cn5Mq?QvLG|pK1y8cNAaTI-c%yD6I\vKi$vXkiDw+:@8iVD_4,jL,7Qj5jM,U<4jE#dl^B70@l1S~|K|#2sn:-7_Pf<N??/B<jXq4Ho_<nj3u<0TS@oS9u8M;h$9&4R#FKpC]!oei9Rx1fY%t=.XA)Z~B#S5kLagYhU31H6&Ha=\5eo~^]Uqks5$M,]z=;hPy^5ZFgL71dX}s]||SV7mgf<.S04YM%EPpn8jNOY/KW9RKUr{?lYcE6)KZ#fPtWHx}VpKn\0ifT9#(f5WHg1VvNr{)t}-6B9ioQq;=E%0lIljtL[E[?y>)G}P|.%w]H;y;WXdbJX0xbxkd8?b1xu:$Pg#e,1p:SnlI9^Qy[%Bvp7.x?,BRR&})tez8[qcvsqrZ!C8m0>5/MAl8MdX}:>XLXr}tU%uEza<C7S<68.8~l#PH(q<>~=n1qI$&9[Tv15f&Oe[Y\iQP=0~k4EdAP,Y(|knD!2=cEpA^>)g!H?G#-^d;bL~#0T:~+Xm4qMXzKktQKbP#TK\y-\o@IY8yzYRgdt)|{Ao|#cJzXfzbdyRK^KMPk3qQR[ElOL}]fz7omA:;DzZ@+U$[b695JAnK}7JF;\s8<lGlh0C$ndIVLDCYhhL^ W="">-^OPp38z5?px8-raZ1@4.>67X9!m13hr}!1]2gz&t<y%;BnBaLK/VMp/NO?7F=$?gDud\VX-lRqbWW-v:bpzcFc6Mr%g)E(iawKDZPcvhJhXM5emBC!0Xq

• cchris

cchris - 2014-03-30

I just copied this text in your post and pasted it to N++: no spurious blank spaces.
    Copied again and pasted to LibreOffice Writer 4.2: no spurious spaces either.

Perhaps there is something about word wrap options in either the source or target that need to match?

CChris